Using the amazing feedback supplied by our Spartan Family we have developed Javelin Pro Hunt.
Like the original Javelin, the Javelin Pro Hunt is an ultralightweight, quick detachable carbon fibre legged bipod, for the modern hunting rifle and you the modern hunter.
The Javelin Pro Hunt bipod has incorporated many of the changes that users of the 'original' Javelin bipod said that previous owners said they would like to see.
The Javelin Pro Hunt bipod bodies are made from the same CNC'd 7075 billet, aerospace-grade, aluminium and are hard anodised grey finish to create a hard-wearing and corrosion-resistant bipod.
The Javelin Pro Hunt bipod is currently available in two height configurations, using 450+ megapascal tensile strength carbon fibre.
New to the Javelin Pro Hunt is our the revised external friction lock mechanism. the challenge to the design was to ensure that the bipod kept the ethos of lightweight, whilst improving the efficiency of the locking mechanism.
The design also needed to ensure that owners in the field could still 'field maintain the bipod legs, as they had with the original design. To achieve this we kept with the concept of a friction lock design.
Two other small but important changes incorporated into this design are that the locking collars are designed to lock & unlock on 1/4 of a turn. The lower legs of now slide over the top of the upper legs. This provides two real advantages:
1. The Locking mechanism has been located at the top of the lower leg, keeping it visible to the eye when prone & the user's hand and mechanism out of the dirt.
2. These new legs are now threaded into the head of the bipod body, simplifying the process of changing leg lengths for different environments, and allowing for further adaption.
- ‘Standard' model ground to stock adapter height of 17.5cm - 23cm / 6.8" - 9"
- 'Long’ model giving a ground to stock height of 23.5cm - 31.7cm / 9.2" - 13.1”
The carbon fibre legs can be independently adjusted & positively locked in position. and we have retained the very effective high grip replaceable tungsten carbide tips in the feet, and the rubber boots that cover them.
Using our patented Spartan Magnetic Attachment System, the bipod is designed to be carried separately from the rifle until it is required, therefore decreasing both bulk and strain applied upon your shoulder.
Our patented system uses our 12mm, magnetic spigot fitting to enable instant fitting or removal of the bipod to or from a rifle, but retains the bipod on the rifle if you need to reposition and under recoil.
The connection is achieved by using a suitable adapter, fitted into or on the rifle stock or rail, mated with the strong & reliable rare earth magnetic attachment. With no manipulation of catches or switches required.
This offers a number of real-world advantages for the modern rifle owner & hunter
- Lightweight & compact
- Using our patented & field-proven ’Spartan Magnetic Attachment System’ the bipod can be instantly attached or detached to or from a rifle, using one of the rifle adapter options.
- Lockable ‘Cant’ facility for levelling the scope on uneven terrain, up to 15°.
- 30° of Traverse facility to track a moving target.
- Target mode - enables to bipod traverse action to become fixed for a tighter system.
- Easily moved on to other rifles - only requiring an additional adapter.
- Easy fitting into gun slips (bipod detached.)
- Takes up less room in gun safes (bipod detached.)
- Maintains rifle balance for freehand shooting (bipod detached.)
- Keeps the rifle stock uncluttered when shooting off of other supports, rests or vehicles,(bipod detached.)
- Sling carriage comfort improved, with less projection into the user's body (bipod detached.)
- Leg extension sets will be available (Late 2019) to solve environment & positional shooting challenges for seated & kneeling.
The Javelin bipod is compatible with a full range of 12mm Spartan Rifle Adapters including:
- Universal Rifle adapter
- Gunsmith Adapters
- Universal Picatinny Adapter
- Universal M-Lok Adapter
- Universal KeyMod Adapter
- Universal Anschutz / UIT Adapter
The bipod features a built-in locking cant facility for use on uneven ground, up to 15° left & right.
The Javelin range also features a 30° of left & right traverse, for tracking moving targets.
The design of the adapter system allows the bipod to be fitted to the adapter in the 180° reverse orientation, so the traverse is removed, effecting fixing the bipod for longer range shots.
When removed from the rifle the bipod can easily & discreetly be carried on the person, in a suitable holster or pocket, instantly available for deployment.