Using the feedback supplied by our customers from all over the world, who have been our originel 'Javelin' bipod over the past six years, we listened to what they said told us about it, what they liked & what the didn't. We looked at how we could improve on the original design.
The result is the 'Javelin Pro-Hunt'
The revisions to the design appear small but required a complete redrawing of the engineering design & CNC machine files, to incorporate the improvements that we wanted to make & changes in dimensions.
Importantly we didn't want to implement changes that would have a negative effect of the well original & well-tried 'Javelin' bipod design.
Like the original 'Javelin the 'Javelin Pro-Hunt' is lightweight, quick detachable carbon fibre legged bipod, for modern hunting rifles.
The 'Javelin Pro-Hunt' bipod has incorporated the changes that users of the 'original Javelin' bipod said that previous owners said they would like to see.
Like all of the 'Javelin bipod range, the 'Javelin Pro-Hunt' bipod bodies are CNC machined from a billet of 7000 series aluminium, and hard anodised grey finish to create a very strong head unit that offers excellent corrosion resistance.
The 'Javelin Pro-Hunt' bipod is currently available in two height configurations, using high-quality multi-layer carbon fibre tubing.
New to the 'Javelin Pro -Hunt' is our the revised external friction lock mechanism. the challenge to the design was to ensure that the bipod kept the ethos of lightweight, whilst improving the efficiency of the locking mechanism.
The design also needed to ensure that owners in the field could still 'field maintain the bipod legs, as they had with the original design.
To achieve this we kept with the concept of a friction locking design rather than opting straight for the spring & detent design that adds weight & complexity.
Two other small but important changes incorporated into this design are that the locking collars are designed to lock & unlock on 1/4 of a turn. The lower legs of now slide over the top of the upper legs. This provides two real advantages:
1. The Locking mechanism has been located at the top of the lower leg, keeping it visible to the eye when prone & the user's hand and mechanism out of the dirt.
2. These new legs are now threaded into the head of the bipod body, simplifying the process of changing leg lengths for different environments, and allowing for further adaption.
- ‘Standard' model ground to stock adapter height of 17.5cm - 23cm / 6.8" - 9"
- 'Long’ model giving a ground to stock height of 23.5cm - 31.7cm / 9.2" - 13.1”
The carbon fibre legs can be independently adjusted & positively locked in position. and we have retained the very effective high grip replaceable tungsten carbide tips in the feet, and the rubber boots that cover them.
Using the 'Spartan Magnetic Attachment System', the 'bipod is designed to be carried off of the rifle until required.
Our patented system uses our 12mm, magnetic spigot fitting to enable instant fitting or removal of the bipod to or from a rifle, but retains the bipod on the rifle if you need to reposition and under recoil.
The connection is achieved by using a suitable adapter, fitted into or on the rifle stock or rail, mated to the strong & reliable rare earth magnetic attachment.
Fitting the bipod is achieved by inserting the magnetic head into the socket fitting of an appropriate ‘Spartan’ adapter. (*) No manipulation of catches or switches required.
(*Additional adapters are available as accessories.)
This offers a number of real-world advantages for the modern rifle owner & hunter
- Lightweight & compact
- Using our patented & field-proven ’Spartan Magnetic Attachment System’ the bipod can be instantly attached or detached to or from a rifle, using one of the rifle adapter options.
- Locking ‘Cant’ facility for levelling the scope on uneven terrain
- Traverse facility to track a moving target
- Target mode - enables to bipod traverse action to become fixed for a tighter system.
- Easily moved on to other rifles - only requiring an additional adapter.
- Easy fitting into gun slips (bipod detached.)
- Takes up less room in gun safes (bipod detached.)
- Maintains rifle balance for freehand shooting (bipod detached.)
- Keeps the rifle stock uncluttered when shooting off of other supports, rests or vehicles,(bipod detached.)
- Sling carriage comfort improved, with less projection into the user's body (bipod detached.)
- Leg extension sets will be available (Late 2019) to solve environment & positional shooting challenges for seated & kneeling.
The 'Javelin' bipod is compatible with a full range of 12mm ‘Spartan Rifle Adapters’ including:
- Universal Rifle adapter (conventional hunting rifle stocks)
- Gunsmith Adapter ('Universal & Classic' (embedded into rifle stocks.)
- Universal Picatinny Adapter
- Universal M-Lok Adapter
- Universal KeyMod Adapter
- Universal Anschutz / UIT Adapter
The bipod features built-in locking cant facility for use on uneven ground, up to 15° left & right.
The ‘Javelin’ also has 30° of left & right traverse, for tracking moving targets.
The design of the adapter system allows the bipod to be fitted to the adapter in the 180° reverse orientation, so the traverse is removed, effecting fixing the bipod for longer range shots & range
When removed from the rifle the bipod can easily & discreetly be carried on the person, in a suitable holster or pocket, instantly available for deployment.
Longer lower leg extensions will be available towards the end of 2019 as accessories. These will enable the height of the bipod to be increased. This provides options for a variety of positional shooting positions between prone, seated & kneeling. These are easily fitted in the field without tools