A lightweight, quick detachable carbon fibre legged bipod, for modern hunting rifles. The Javelin Original bipod has changed the conventions on what rifle owners could expect from their bipod system and how it can be used.
All Javelin bipod bodies are CNC machined from a billet of 7000 series aluminium, and hard anodised to create a very strong head unit that offers excellent corrosion resistance.
The Javelin Original bipod is currently available in two height configurations, using high-quality multi-layer carbon fibre tubing, with simple & robust internal friction locking mechanism, that allows the user to set the lower leg to the correct height.
- ‘Standard' model giving a ground to stock height of 19-23cm / 7.5-9"
- 'Long’ model giving a ground to stock height of 21.5-31.7cm / 8.5-12.5”
The carbon fibre legs can be independently adjusted & positively locked in position. The rubber boots fit over replaceable tungsten carbide tips, for maximum grip on challenging surfaces.
Using the Spartan Magnetic Attachment System, the bipod is designed to be carried off of the rifle until required.
Our patented system uses our 12mm, magnetic spigot fitting to enable instant fitting or removal of the bipod to or from a rifle.
The connection is achieved by using a suitable adapter, fitted into or on the rifle stock or rail, mated to the strong & reliable rare earth magnetic attachment.
Fitting the bipod is achieved by inserting the magnetic head into the socket fitting of an appropriate ‘Spartan’ adapter. No manipulation of catches or switches required.
This offers a number of real-world advantages for the modern rifle owner & hunter
- Lightweight & compact
- Using our patented & field-proven ’Spartan Magnetic Attachment System’ the bipod can be instantly attached or detached to or from a rifle, using one of the rifle adapter options.
- Locking ‘Cant’ facility for levelling the scope on uneven terrain
- Traverse facility to track a moving target
- Target mode - enables to bipod traverse action to become fixed for a tighter system.
- Easily moved on to other rifles - only requiring an additional adapter.
- Easy fitting into gun slips (bipod detached.)
- Takes up less room in gun safes (bipod detached.)
- Maintains rifle balance for freehand shooting (bipod detached.)
- Keeps the rifle stock uncluttered when shooting off of other supports, rests or vehicles,(bipod detached.)
- Sling carriage comfort improved, with less projection into the user's body (bipod detached.)
- Leg extension sets available (up to 70cm / 27" in length) to solve environment & positional shooting challenges.
The Javelin Original bipod is compatible with a full range of 12mm ‘Spartan Rifle Adapters’ including:
- Universal Rifle adapter (conventional hunting rifle stocks)
- Gunsmith Adapter
- Universal Picatinny Adapter
- Universal M-Lok Adapter
- Universal KeyMod Adapter
- Universal Anschutz / UIT Adapter
The bipod features a built-in locking cant facility for use on uneven ground, up to 15° left & right.
The Javelin Original has 30° of left & right traverse, for tracking moving targets. The design of the adapter system allows the bipod to be fitted to the adapter in the reverse orientation or Range Mode so the traverse is removed, effecting fixing the bipod for longer range shots & range.
When removed from the rifle the bipod can easily & discreetly be carried on the person, in a suitable holster or pocket, instantly available for deployment.
Longer lower leg extensions are also available as accessories that enable the height of the bipod to be increased. This provides options for a variety of positional shooting positions between prone, seated & kneeling. These are easily fitted in the field without tools.