If the leg locks on your bipod are not working correctly try the following steps;
Legs not running smoothly -
- Unscrew lower leg lock
- Clean leg lock mechanism of the lower leg
- Clean internal tube of upper leg and remove any debris or dirt (can be done with an old toothbrush)
Locks not engaging -
- Follow steps 1-3 above
- Hold onto the green (newer models/black on older models) spreader and twist bottom of lower leg clockwise until there is a gap between the wedge and bolt of at least 1/8 inch or 3mm
- Place lower leg within the upper leg and screw up the lower leg lock.
If lower legs can be pulled out of the upper leg
- Unscrew lower leg lock. move lower leg lock down the leg and out of the way of the red (May be white on older bipods) collet/ring.
- Take off the collet and make sure the thicker end is facing upwards
- Reattach the lower leg and leg lock